Wednesday, June 9, 2010

You can take that mask off now. Halloween's over.

So I've realized I blog better at night. I sit at my computer during the day and say. I want to blog, nay I need to blog. And now I'm poppin' out two posts in a row. So back to the point. Masks. We all wear them. A certain mask for going to church, a mask for your parents, a mask for school, a mask for your friends, a mask for your best friends, a mask for you enemies. Yeah. THOSE kind of masks.
Tumblr_l20ppqptht1qzoaqio1_500_large
No matter what you say we all wear them. And once you start to peel back those masks you start to find the real you. Thats what I'm trying to do now. What I've been trying to do for years. Maybe I have more masks than most people. Or maybe they're super glued to my face. sigh.

Peace out Girl Scout.

2 comments:

  1. we do it because we are "different" people around different folks.
    Sometimes the masks are healthy, what isn't healthy if your mask forces you to hide your true self or act in ways you wouldn't normally agree with... Then those you must peel away. Most of the time you can just readjust that mask though to fit who you are, but more of a muted you. That's how I am around new people at first, but then slowly, i show them my true self and not my mask

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm built in layers, and the more people get to know me, the more I peel back.

    ReplyDelete