Friday, August 27, 2010

I've got a feelin'

So school is really starting to catch up on me. Thats why this blog post is so late even though what I'm about to write about happened last weekend. So I guess it would be Sunday, I hoped on over to the town next to mine to get a book for school. You're probably like, "Well okay Tansy good for you, you actually read", but no, thats not the point of this story. The point of this story is about people.
Tumblr
So immediately as I walk in the book store, a clerk welcomes me by saying, "Hey Angel," but at first I was like oh she's not talking to me, but then she continued to talk to me and I was like "uhhhh I'm doing fine thanks". Then she continued to say " Just let me know if you need any help now" I said " I will thanks".
foto de proximaati em 23/08/10 - Fotolog
Sooo.... anywho, I go about my normal shopping getting the book I need for school, a book for Bayla and my mom, and a book for me.
Tumblr
So as I go to check out the same clerk was just so cheerful and pleasant. It really just made my day. I had a shirt on that said "Walk Humbly" and she was like "aw, I love that scripture" and I immediately liked her even more.
The World Is Fucked Up
Then these two girls walked in who obviously just got there hair done, and she yelled "You're hair looks really good. You're so pretty".
cosmic
Then she says to me " You know sometimes girls tend to hate other girls because they think they're prettier than them, and sometimes pretty girls don't think they're pretty and need a bit of self confidience, because really all of us are beautiful on the inside. We should tell each other that sometimes."
Vivienne McMaster ~ Vivacious Photography - Blog
I was like fully ready to ask her to be my best friend forever at this point.
inspireplease: 08. On The Run.
I mean, she was like a modern day philosopher, but it made me think. No matter if I forget her name, or where she worked, where I met her. I'll know that she made me feel like I was special. That I mattered. That we all mattered in the grand scheme of things. That woman, girl, student, what ever has changed my life.
Tumblr
What if I hadn't gone to the book store that day? What if she wasn't working? My life would have stayed the same, but that chance encounter showed me that there is really and truly an awesome God out there. She really changed my life, I'm serious. Because of that chance meeting, my life is better.
One After 909
I'll always remember that feeling that I felt when I was around her.

Peace out Girl Scout.

2 comments:

  1. you have no idea how happy this random person made me feel! it was incredible! you could just feel her warmth radiating onto you.

    ReplyDelete