Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Its Hard Being the "Good Girl"

So, most people know at my school, I'm not a bad kid. Its a fact. I literally shy away from "bad" stuff. I'm absolutely clueless when it comes to getting drunk and high. The fact of the matter is, I'm a goody two-shoes, and I'm okay with that. 
were inevitable.
Its just, if you've ever been in high school, you know about peer pressure. Unless you were like magically gifted and have friends that never do anything bad. Well I'm not so lucky to have that pleasure. 
Good Girl Gone Bad
I've had this blog post started for days now, and I just don't understand how to finish it. I guess I just want to explain my decisions. Its not like I hate people who chose to go out and get drunk Saturday night, then regret it all on Sunday. Its just, thats not my choice. It doesn't make you cooler than me, all it does is makes you drunk.
Likes | Tumblr
Its just. I don't need to get drunk to have fun. People get drunk, and do things people normally wouldn't do if sober, and "have fun," but obviously I'm not like that. I do things that people wouldn't do normally on an everyday basis, and I have fun. All the time. I don't need a beer or a joint to do something stupid.
HEADS WILL ROLL.
If I'm going to make an ass out of my self, I'm going to do it when I'm sober, not when I'm not going to remember it the next day. If I have something to say, I'm going to say it anyway, it doesn't matter what it is.
Que Sera Sera
 Maybe people get drunk because they just aren't as okay with themselves as I am. Maybe they use getting drunk as their excuse to act stupid. I have the courage to live my life, as I want to live it.I live life drunk. I get drunk off of life, and I wouldn't have it any other way. That's why I'm straight-edge, and nothing is going to change that. Try all you might peers, but your pressuring me just might make me cut you, cause I'm a sharp, straight-edge.


Peace Out Girl Scout.
pictures

5 comments:

  1. I'm the same way. I know people who do things. I am completely clueless about that kinda thing too.
    My boyfriend was talking about a student in his class that got caught with dip. I had to ask what dip was (turns out, I'm even clueless when it comes to tabacco).
    Either way, I'm glad you are like you are. Straight edge is the way to be :) it makes you stronger! I love reading your blogs
    ~Julia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Basically, you summed up all of my feelings on alcohol and other substance abuse here. It's not as though I'm trying to say I'm better than everyone, be like me and don't drink - it's just not something that I'm a fan of. And at a school of about 525 students, where many in my grade are into that kind of stuff, it's so refreshing and wonderful to hear that there is someone else out there who has the same morals as me. Thank you. (:

    ReplyDelete
  3. I guess I thought I was the only one who didn't drink or smoke, and I'm so glad that now I know I'm not alone.

    ReplyDelete